Wednesday 2 October 2013

02/10/13 - Eagle Farm

Before I get into the business of giving my top selections for Eagle Farm today, I'd like to take a few minutes of your time.  As you may or may not know I was invited to write a blog entry for Sportsbet's Melbourne Cup Blog Competition.  With 2 tickets to the Cup in the Precinct Area on offer, I couldn't refuse. 
 
I don't charge for my thoughts on race meetings and I don't plan on doing so.  I don't even expect thanks although a "good stuff shep" means a lot.  The time has come for me to call in a favour from the loyal readers of The Silk.  It will take no more than 30 seconds of your time. 
 
Could you please click on the following link http://www.sportsbet.com.au/blog/guest-blogger-competition/melbourne-cup-the-race-that-stops-a-nation  and then click on the "Like" button. 
 
The reason I've been and will continue to push this is that I'm well overdue for some time off work.  As you know I'm a newsagent that works 100 hours a week and gets 1 day off every 3 weeks.  I haven't had a holiday in over 10 years!  A few days in Melbourne on the punt with my best mate is just the tonic I need!  So please do me a favour and support me in this quest!
 
Right you're here for Eagle Farm selections so here they are:
 
Race 1 - Eastern Prince (1)
 
Race 2 - Unbowed (3)
 
Race 3 - Rock With The Star (5)
 
Race 4 - Leealan (2)
 
Race 5 - Bevico Girl (5)
 
Race 6 - Platinum Mint (1)
 
Race 7 - Royal Jester (3)
 
Race 8 - Skating Away (9) 

No comments:

Post a Comment