Wednesday 2 November 2011

03/11/11 - Flemington Oaks Day

Hope you all had a win Melbourne Cup day.  Looking through the Oaks card, we'll be needing a massive amount of luck to come out of it alive.  So if you're having a bet, I suggest you wear your lucky jocks or get your hands on every good luck charm possible.  Best of Luck!        


Flemington

Race 1 - I found this a hard race to start the day.  I'm going with Orbital Motion.  The horse has been quite good since joining the Kavanagh stable with a 2nd and a 1st.  I think Rodd can position the horse nicely in the run and give it every chance.  The 1800m should be not be a problem.  Other hopes to Fawkner, Dead End, Elusive King and Grand Ginger.

Race 2 - This appears to be a very even race and I've found it quite difficult to separate them.  I settled on Oasis Bloom.  Thought it offered a bit of value after finishing 0.1 of a length off Saint Etienne on debut.  That horse then went on to run 3rd to Galah. If Oasis Bloom has improved then it should go very close.  Other hopes to Quench The Thirst, Twilighting and Cliques.


Race 3 - Yet another tricky race.  I've gone with the favourite Valentine Miss.  I'm not overly keen on the price but I keep getting drawn back to her.  She should have won last start and the start prior finished 2nd to the in form Sister Madly.  She'll be running on and just needs a clear passage to be in the finish.  Other hopes to Miss Octopussy, Ortensia and Dystopia.


Race 4 - I like the look of Satin Shoes here.  Her past 2 starts have been full of merit.  Last start she ran just 1.7 lengths off Sepoy.  From the peg she should be able to dictate terms here.  Other hopes to Anise, Miss Stellabelle and Vain Attraction.


Race 5 - My ratings have Lime Rock clearly on top.  She has a perfect 3 from 3 record at this distance and won 3rd up in both her previous campaigns.  On face value her 2 previous runs aren't   stand out performances but I think they've been solid all the same and will put her right in this.  Other hopes to Dash For Viz, Chosen To Fly and King Cobweb.


Race 6 - I'm really not keen on having a bet in the Oaks.  It's a terrible looking race.  The class runner is Mosheen but has never run beyond 1600m and now has to get 2500m.  I'm prepared to back against her.  I've fallen into Dowager Queen with not much confidence.  Her fast finishing but luckless 2nd 2 starts back at least says to me that she'll run the 2500m out.  Other hopes to Rahveel, Mosheen and Gliding.


Race 7 - Going with Proliferate in this.  Just think that it's got a lot more upside than most of these.  It's undefeated in it's 2 starts and won despite the saddle shifting.  Other hopes to Torah, Now You Know and Euryale.


Race 8 - Master Harry ticks a lot of boxes here.  A perfect 2 from 2 at the track and distance and a good 1st up record.  I should be sitting just off the pace and will unleash a powerful finishing burst. Other hopes to Perturbo, First Command and Rocking Force.

***With the scratching of First Command, I'll promote Rocky Times to the other hopes.***

Race 9 - Don't mind the look of Cosmic Causeway in the last.  It has a good record at the trip and is coming off a very good run in the Sale Cup.  Likes the sting out of the track.  Other hopes to Belgietto, Face Off and Snow Cover.   


Better Bets As Opposed To Best Bets


Race 5 Number 4 Lime Rock
Race 8 Number 5 Master Harry
Race 9 Number 4 Cosmic Causeway

No comments:

Post a Comment